What I Saw In My Neighbor's Yard

At the front yard of my neighbor's house is a site of wonderful pieces of art created from waste wood and sticks.

 Every time that I pass by, I can't stop gazing at these creative artworks.

 To me, they are very captivating and imaginative, and I was wondering what other passer-by would think when looking at these pieces.

Do they see the beauty in these works of Art? Would they appreciate the time and courage the artist took in putting these pieces together in the neighborhood?

 

So, one day I decided to stop by my neighbor's house to chat with him.

 It was my first-time meeting with my neighbor Mr. Saeid Farokhkish and his wife. First, I told him how beautiful I find his artwork. I asked him if he gets compliments from other neighbors.

He confirmed that everyone expresses appreciation for his works.

 



 At this, I got more interested in learning more about Mr. Saeid Farokhkish and his creative work. A creative work he called, Recycled Arts. So, I googled Recycled Art which meant a specific type of creative work made from discarded materials.

 I asked Mr. Saeid what was his motivation?

His response was that he is retired and wanted to do something creative with his time. "So, why this art?" I asked.

In one word he responded, “neighbor, I wanted to create a site-seeing that represents my experience and the ethnicity and diversity of my neighbors”. He went on t to tell me what each piece of art represents.

I was so inquisitive and wanted to know if he was a professional artist, but he assured me that he was not. He was only a handyman expressing creative art for the first time. That really took me by surprise!


At this, we engaged in a conversation on each piece of art.

We talked about the Chinese dragon representing the Chinese community; the American man with dark sunglasses; the man sitting and looking across the road; the Afro- Caribbean man sitting and playing acoustic guitar with a dog by his side; The owl representing the American and Canadian guards, the man paddling the Canoe; and the library where neighbors could stop by, take a seat, and read.

Mr. Saeid showed me a picture that he took when he came out of his house and saw a family of three sitting and reading together. This brought exceeding joy and he then said: “This is why I wanted to create this site.” According to Mr. Saied, creativity becomes a reality once you have an idea of what you what to do. Once he had this idea, he started to think of how to use the branches of trees he had cut down and some other discarded pieces of wood in his house.

I, for one, I love all forms of art and creativity, but I am fully aware of the inner discipline and courage it takes to make sense of what you think inside your head. More importantly, when I think on Saeid’s creative art, I see it as an expression of the creativity of the Grand Master. I am here referring to God the creator and His craft of redemption and transformation. He turns darkness into light, He puts the stars in place, He turns dust into human flesh, coal into diamonds, sand into pearls, and a worm into a butterfly. What a wonderful world! What is more wonderful is the artistry of turning death into new life. Turning a rebel into a saint, turning a pain into a gain, and bringing a beauty out of an ugly situation. Isn’t this God’s miracle of love and grace?

God is love. His heart is in everything He has said and done. So, you are a creation of love. If you doubt God’s love because of your past or present experiences. Know this, that the Son of God is both powerful and merciful, and willing to create a new thing in you if only you open your heart and invite Him in.

Here’s His plan for you,

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

And here’s what He can do for you,

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 1 Corinthians 5:17

 

https://linktr.ee/pfmchurch

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts